Friday, May 26, 2006

Pires and Futsal Finale

Talented fleet-footed winger Robert Pires has left Arsenal after a tremendous 6-year spell. Nicknamed Bobby, he signed a two-year deal with Villarreal, a Spanish club that was knocked out by Arsenal in the semi-final of last season's Champions League.

"I woke up this morning and received this sad sad news. I think he deserved a two-year deal but the arrival of Rosicky would meant him no regular football next season." Jeg quoted.

The Club wishes him luck with the Yellow Submarines. However Jeg further emphasizes that lady luck would smile on any Arsenal player who leaves for a Spanish outfit this time.

"I remember when Manu (Emmanuel Petit) and Marc (Overmars) left Arsenal for Barcelona few seasons ago. They both sufferred bad luck and saw their career been cut shot with injuries and inconsistent performances. Gio (Van Bronckhorst) and Sylvinho was a different story. They had short spells in Arsenal and in my opinion are not considered in the Hall of Famer. But I'm pretty sure Manu, Marc and Bobby are."

Meanwhile, Jeg commented he had a great time in the Futsal Finale wih CS222 about a week ago.

"I scored a hattrick and it is not common to play at my best with the mates from CS222." Jeg admitted.

"Now for the second time running, I scored three goals in both games. I didn't score many goals for them but had hatful of goals with others. Not to say that I hate playing with them but I know I had torrid times playing futsal with them before this. I just want to play and have fun. So, I don't expect people to be so serious when playing futsal with me. Just.. enjoy the game." he elaborated.

Jeg opened the scoring in the free-flowing game which ended 10-8 win with a thunderous 'tonjol' after a great work by Nain. He added another with a shot from an acute angle and completed his hattrick later in the game with a simple tap-in. Rahman scored one for the team which comprised of Nain-Jeg-Arwin-Rahman-Nizam but the star of the night was Arwin, who switched side to score 6 goals.

"It shows that he (Arwin) has the eye for goal, speed and determination. Not many strikers have those attributes." Jeg sang the praises for Arwin.

Jeg had a more defensive role later in the game and stood firm at the back. It indicated fatigue in his last game with the mates.

"I had fun. We all had fun. It is my dream to have this team. We were not that serious to win the game. We simply wanted to have fun. Yup, I was hit in the face when I was defending but it only helped increase my determination. This is football. I don't expect any apology." Jeg commented relating to the been-struck-in-the-face incident.

Jeg expects to play again with the CS222 mates in the future but hopes he will be playing with the same combination of players.

"Otherwise, I refuse to score!" he joked.

No comments: