Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Snippets

On Arsenal's Carling Cup win over Wigan...
The youngsters have shown yet again they can be a Premiership side. Carlos Alberto Vela was superb but overall I would give the Man of The Match to Aaron Ramsey. I wonder if the Senior team can give a better score against the same strong Wigan side in December.

On the 'one woman two husbands' issue in Malaysia...
I am surprised where are the liberals or seculars or that 'Thilaga and friends' group protesting over the rights of this woman? The Mahkamah Syariah (the power that some so-called fatwa hating people question most) has asked politely the woman to file a divorce with one of the men. However, according to your liberalised minds that the woman is just doing it for LOVE! My God! When will these people learn that there must be some limitations in life. In-denial. Unbelievable!

On anyone can become the PM of Malaysia...
Realistically speaking, like Singapore, a predominantly Chinese nation, it is still hard for Malaysians to have a Non-Malay Prime Minister. I am surprised Pak Lah and Mahathir both disagree on this opinion but I am just being realistic. However, it depends on the people. If the people want a Chinese or Indian Prime Minister it's really up to them. As long as the PM can control the nation. I am just pissed with all this chaos in Malaysia. Oh well, the people voted for a change but 2/3 was not achieved by any of the parties. Of course the Malaysians are restless now.

On abolishing ISA...
I don't understand these morons on the streets thinking we are safe from terrorists. I understand their feelings over the misuse of ISA but come on, again, abolishing ISA is not right at all! What we can do is to remedy it. To make it as a better tool for the nation. Not for political purposes. Nama pun Internal Security Act. How much I detest Raja Petra over his Islamic comments, I don't think he is a terrorist. He is just an uneducated Islamic preacher liberal wannabe.

On Ivy Josiah comment regarding fatwa...
She has got no right to comment. Her sources are.. Sisters in Islam and Anwar Ibrahim. That's not good enough sources for you to absorb and tell all. I think she lets the hate got into her to see how Syariah law is bad in every way. Anti-Islam. Racist. And I am sure, like Thilaga and Friends, her actions would spark some discontent among the Muslims. This is avoidable.

On Malaysiakini...
I used to respect this media as unbiased... but clearly it does incline towards the Oppositions. The postings of inappropriate videos further pile the pressure on their credibility. It's hard to get unbiased sources these days. What we can do is gather all information and make good judgment. But yeah, most readers just follow it blindly. Like idiots.

On vernacular schools...
After a thought provoking conversation with a friend, who seems OK to 'let the Chinese and Indians win these small battles of having vernacular schools', in his own words, I still think in the future there should only be one school. I have nothing against the Chinese or the Indians and I am not racist. What I really want is the people of Malaysia to be integrated starting when they were kids. This can only be achieved with one school for all. And yeah we are Malaysians. We are not from China or India or Saudi Arabia. This is Malaysia. And we can still speak Arabic, Tamil, Mandarin, Hokkien, Haka and even French or Japanese in schools through subjects. I am sure if my son were to learn Mandarin from Standard 1 until he reaches 19 in the University, he could be fluent in that language if the syllabus is right! So I hope you get my point.

On going home...
I am sorry I can't take anymore kiriman from friends as I have about ten people asking me to bring home some stuffs. Some, unluckily, I have to charge them as I am having a cash-flow problem no thanks to certain people who hate Pak Lah for being slow and 'bodoh', but do not realise how they are slow as well. Probably slower. We are still waiting for the deposit from our last house. Proper documents are not completed yet and the landlord can't return the deposit to us. It's been over one month since we left the house.

I won't say it's a holiday it's more like an important trip back to Malaysia to discuss things with some companies. I expect myself to be busy each day. However, some kickabouts and wedding ceremonies wouldn't hurt.

No comments: