Monday, September 18, 2006

Adebayor Ade-bola Ade-Class!!

It was a great team performance by the Gunners who were considered as 'relegation candidate' against the team in sparkling form Manchester United. Arsenal were without talismanic striker Thierry Henry with a broken foot and Robin van Persie who picked up a hip injury foolishly trying to keep the ball in play against Hamburg SV.

But it was the unsung hero Sheyi Emmanuel Adebayor though who deservely found the net after teniciously causing troubles to the Devils defence. He made sure Gilberto didn't come home red-faced after the saxaphone playing Brazilian slipped and missed the chance from the penalty spot.

I was with Abby at the time after watching Liverpool crashed out 1-0 to Chelsea who got their German giant Ballack sent-off for violent conduct, stamping on Mohamed Sissoko. Dirk Kuijt and skipper Gerrard missed a sitter's each and handed the reigning champions valuable 3 points. I must say Liverpool were unlucky not to atleast get away with a point. Ope was in hartamas also with Cherap, Liza, Amir and Edd. Sorry guys couldn't join you guys I was spending quality time with Abby before I jet off. :)

I must admit everytime I watch Arsenal play, it is as if I was the gaffer. I get emotional and even talk to the TV giving instructions to the players, making foul languages to the referee. Haha. But I must single out one incident that was really jaw-dropping when watching last night's game.

People know I love to make predictions before a game starts. And it always favour my odds mostly. But I found my latest rival. Abby guessed and yeah she got it right. Almost accurately. She suggested the game will see an Arsenal win with the Red Devils failing to score and Adebayor scoring in the 85th minute. And she repeated saying it several times.

And when the Togolese international poked home after a great work by Fabregas, my eyes were on the timing count down and it said "84:58". Overjoyed by the goal and thrilled by her latest magic antic, I straight away said "You're a genius!!". We found the goal we wanted (since she's supporting Arsenal also even before she met me) to the dejection of 78% Man Utd fans at the square.

In the end of the day, I know it was a night to remember. Sorry Smq!

Arsenal Squad Match Rating:
Lehmann 8, Eboue 7, Gallas 9, Toure 8, Djourou 8, Rosicky 8, Fabregas 9, Ljungberg 7, Gilberto 6, Hleb 8 (Julio Baptista 7), Adebayor 9 (Flamini 6)

Thank God Hoyte didn't play.

No comments: