Saturday, August 23, 2008

Premiership Prediction 2008/09

Hello football fans. Yes, I'm writing to move away from the ever boring-dramatic-sumpah-menyumpah-no, I-dont-wanna-sumpah-coz-I-like-men's-asses politics of Malaysia by bringing about the most anticipated league men ever known, the English Premier League!

I'm predicting Chelsea to win the title this year. Luis Felipe Scolari looks destined to be the Real-Special-One-Please-Stand-Up for Chelsea and no, I am not supporting Chelsea ever that would make me a glory hunter (hey that rhymes, busta rhyme! Get me a record label will ya coz I'm sick with my life right now!)

Yeah, you heard me, GLORY HUNTERS SUCK REAL BAD! Go eat your shorts! And hats too.

I have to agree Champions Man Utd look as if they have reached their peak and the squad has been hampered by injuries and to date, no signing was made although Dimi Berba is on the verge of signing personal terms with the Manchester outfit. Maybe Sir Alex is comfortable with his current squad that brought them the famous Double last season.

Meanwhile, the so called transfer coup of Mikael Silvestre by Arsenal is being blown out of proportion, in my opinion. I do not seriously think he will feature as a first team player but could add depth and experience to the squad. The Gunners have also signed Samir Nasri, Amaury WHO? Bischoff and Aaron Ramsey under the noses of the Red Devils after losing greedy Flamini, city-sick Hleb and legendary midfielder (cant believe Im saying this but he used to be losing the ball rather cheaply for Arsenal) Gilberto Apreciado Silva. Top four finish is imminent although they can still raise the bar for these young crop and talented players.

Liverpool was stuttering but managed to snatch the winner thanks to Nando Torres in their first game. The Kops look to improve this year.

Tottenham? Well, they can keep the Carling Cup and finish 10 again this year.

Premiership Prediction 2008/09:

Champions: Chelsea FC
Runners-Up: Arsenal FC
Third: Liverpool FC
4th: Manchester United
PFA Player of the Year: Nando Torres
Writers player of the Season: Fabregas
Signing of the season: Deco
Relegated: Stoke, Hull, W.B.A

There you go. This prediction will ACTUALLY be made after my exams. Sad-sad story I can't think well about football right now!

No comments: